Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Day 5 - A Dollar's Worth of Energy

Fresh blended orange juice for today's tennis match.

When I decided to take on this challenge, I wasn't sure if I'd have enough energy to continue my regular activities.  I usually play tennis a few times a week, and I knew that I was going to be working the garden more.

Actually, before I even started the challenge, my energy was low.  I was just dragging along and getting sleepy in the afternoons.  This could be due to my terrible diet, or it could be due to hormones, but in any case, I was worried I'd have even less energy.

The past few days I have been very sleepy.  Too sleepy to get motivated to do any crafting.  I have orders to fill, but I have to be in the right state of mind to "create". 

Because I wasn't sure of how this challenge would affect me, I reduced my tennis commitments this month.  Today was my first day out on the courts so I took a bottle of orange juice that I blended in the Vitamix.  The Vitamix is not a juicer.  It pulverizes the fruit, and generates a lot of pulp.  Orange juice provides quick energy and I usually take a bottle of store bought juice when I play.

This morning I felt especially good.  I don't know if it was the gorgeous weather, or that roasted banana chocolate thing I ate last night.  I had more energy than expected.

I can't say I played particularly well though...but that's a different issue.

In the afternoon, my energy stayed up and I lugged two very heavy boxes of ClosetMaid organizers I purchased upstairs and then put them together.  I got them to organize my yarn in my completely crammed sewing room.  

Today's dinner was Egg/Avocado Salad with Roasted Vegetables on Romaine.


The little red tomatoes are called "Red Currant" and they are growing on my deck in a planter.  They keep showing up on their own every year, but this year they are especially welcome because they are sweet as candy.

Day 5

Breakfast
Milton's Squaw bread with Peanut Butter

Tennis
Blended orange juice

Lunch
Chicken Red Bean Pasta Soup
Loquats

Dinner
Egg/Avocado Salad with Roasted Vegetables on Romaine

Calories:  1085
Cost: 87 cents

No comments:

Post a Comment