Saturday, June 2, 2012

Day 2 - A Sleepy Day

I was sleepy all day today.  I don't know if it has anything to do with what I'm eating or not because I've been going to sleep really late.  I was expecting my energy level to fall in the first few days because I'm eating less carbs, but I can't say my energy was low, I just felt sleepy.  So of course I took a long nap and now I feel better.

This morning I cooked up a pot of oatmeal and had it with 1/2 cup soy milk and the strawberries I picked yesterday.  It was delicious even though I didn't add any additional sweetener.  I am using a vanilla flavored soy milk and that has enough sugar in it already.  The serving size is generous, and I realized I miscalculated the cost.  It's actually only 8 cents a serving, not 16 cents, so suddenly I have some extra money.

By mid morning, I could feel my blood sugar falling.  This seems to happen to me when I eat oatmeal.  People say it's supposed to stick to your ribs, but it doesn't seem to work like that for me.  I needed to have a snack so I had a hard boiled egg, an orange and an apple.  I hasn't hungry, but was eating to bring my blood sugar back up and also I think I was eating because I felt so sleepy and was hoping it would wake me up.

Overall, I don't feel hungry at all.  I don't have any cravings for anything and am eating just to make sure I have enough calories for the day.

For lunch, I had a half cup of rice with 1/4 avocado.  I just mixed them together and ate them like that.  I was planning to have a fried egg with it, but since I had the hard boiled egg earlier, I didn't feel like having another.



For dinner I cooked up a chicken pasta stir fry with 1/2 cup brown rice.  It's made with chicken breast meat (cut from the whole chicken), onions, spaghetti noodles and whatever veggies I have on hand.  Today it was green beans, daikon, broccoli and zucchini. I just used a bit of soy sauce for flavoring.  I made enough for 2 days so I don't have to cook again tomorrow.  If I was hungrier I would have added more veggies.  

And yes, I am cooking my husband's meals separately.  For breakfast he had Portuguese sausage, white rice and eggs over-easy.  For dinner he had Chicken Maison, but I served it with fried potatoes and boiled green beans.

I was at garden #2 today and I can't wait for the tomatoes to ripen.  It looks like they are another 7 to 10 days away.  I want to put them in the soup and eat them with the burritos I'm having later.  I might be able to make some salsa too if those peppers hurry up.

DAY 2

Breakfast
Oatmeal
Soy Milk
Strawberries

Snack
hard boiled egg
orange
apple

Lunch
1/2 cup brown rice
1/4 avocado

Dinner
Chicken Pasta Stir Fry
Brown Rice

Calories:  1170
Cost: 81 cents
  

No comments:

Post a Comment