Saturday, June 16, 2012

Day 16 - Mid Term

I've passed the halfway point of my challenge, so maybe it's a good time to reflect on the journey.  So here's some answers to questions you might have.

How am I doing?
Fine, thank you.

Am I hungry?
No, but I am starting to crave my old diet.  I'm starting to wish I could have the diet soda when I feel like a pick me up.

Do I have more energy?
I can't say I feel a lot different.  It's like 5% more or something small like that.  I might still be going through a detox.

Have I lost a lot of weight?
I think I'm slowly losing it.  I'm kind of surprised it's not coming off faster because I think I'm eating half the calories I was eating before and a lot less carbs and processed foods.  But maybe I'm losing it the healthy way.

Am I tired of the limited food choices?
No.  Surprisingly, no. There's a couple of food choices I haven't eaten yet.  Today was my first of 3 tuna sandwiches.

Am I running out of vegetables in the garden?
Nope.  There's more than I can eat.  But I really wish those darn tomatoes were ripe!

Do I have enough food to last through the end of the month?
Yes.

What's my favorite meal on this challenge?
The Egg Harvest Salad with the lemon dressing.  Also, I'm surprised how much I like brown rice.  And I really like the simple bean taco.  I've liked almost every meal I've had.

Favorite snack?
Roasted green beans!

Have I cheated?
NO!

What is the first thing I want to eat on July 1?
Hamburgers and fries
 
Am I going to continue this after June 30?
I should because it's so healthy, but realistically, I just hope I don't go back to what I was doing before.


Day 16

Breakfast:
Milton's Squaw Bread with Peanut Butter

Snack:
Orange

Lunch:
Tuna Avocado Sandwich on Squaw Bread
Small apple
Lollipop (free)

Snack:
Loquats
Toasted Oats

Dinner:
Tofu with Takuan
Steamed broccoli
Orangesicle

Calories: 1000
Cost: $1.01

Weight:  XXX - 3.5 pounds

No comments:

Post a Comment