Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Day 19 - Plain and Simple Tofu

When I was choosing foods for this challenge, I looked for the ones with the most nutrition for the dollar, and I also wanted to have some variety in my diet.  I included tofu because it can be cooked in many ways and I had planned on stir frying it with vegetables.

What I didn't plan on was that I'd end up eating it cold with some soy sauce with takuan, a Japanese pickled radish on the side.  I ate just these two for dinner, night after night and didn't get tired of it.  In fact, I looked forward to it.

Tonight, I added some brown rice to it.

cold tofu and takuan


The tofu is cold and salty from the soy sauce, and the takuan is cold and sweet and sour.  Also, the tofu is soft and the takuan is crunchy. It's refreshing and although it looks plain, it's a flavor explosion in your mouth. 

I still have one last tofu meal tomorrow night.  Can't wait.


Day 19

Breakfast:
Milton's Squaw Bread and Peanut Butter
Orange

Tennis:
Orange Juice

Lunch:
Egg Fried Rice with Zucchini and Broccoli
Orangesicle

Dinner:
Tofu, Takuan and Brown Rice
Apricot

Calories: 1223
Cost: 89 cents

Weight:  XXX - 4 pounds


1 comment:

  1. Hi Susan,

    I just found your blog today, and I think it's amazing! You are such an inspiration. :) Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete