Sunday, June 10, 2012

Day 10 - Lunch To Go

Lunch To Go

This afternoon I visited a craft fair with my friend Lisa.  We are both crafters and like to visit local fairs in our area.  Today we were at the Patchwork show in the old Helm's Bakery building. 

If there is one thing I like to buy at craft fairs, it's the indie made gourmet food.  It's always a treat to have something special made by a local artisan.  Even though I can't buy it for myself this month, I'm still game to buy it as a gift for someone, or I can save it for next month.  And as always, the vendors urge you to try their samples which are up for grabs in my challenge. 

Chocolates from C Salt Gourmet


Olives from Orgasmo de la Boca

So I indulged myself in a few samples of chocolate and nut brittle, a gourmet olive and a teeny bit of mudslide cupcake.  I enjoyed them all, but not enough to pull out the wallet this time.  Oh, also, on signing in to the show, they gave us a sample bottle of strawberry lemonade.

After enjoying the craft fair, we walked around the Helm's Bakery visiting some of the furniture stores.  Because I'm doing a reorg project in my home, I'm interested in some home office furniture.  I was craving a cup of coffee when we bumped into some free coffee at Room and Board.

Then it was lunch time, and I was able to share my "12 cent lunch to go" with my gluten free diet friend, Lisa.  I ate the hard boiled egg and orange juice, and she snacked on my little apples.  I'm learning that my dollar a day challenge meals are almost the same as her gluten free meals.  Well, not so much today though.


Day 10

Breakfast:
Milton's Squaw Bread and Peanut Butter

Lunch:
Strawberry Lemonade
Samples from vendors
Free coffee
Orange Juice
Hard Boiled Egg

Snack:
small apple

Dinner:
Egg Harvest Salad (Egg, Avocado, Orange, Apple on Romaine with Lemon dressing)


Calories:  1033
Cost:  61 cents

Weight:  XXX - 3.5 pounds



 

No comments:

Post a Comment