Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Day 20 - It's Time to Salsa!

first tomatoes of the season

Okay, you've been very patient with me as I went on and on, day after day crying for tomatoes.  After all, it is day 20 and I still don't have any tomatoes.  Today on the way to the garden, I had resigned myself into picking the tomatoes green and making some Salsa Verde.

To my great glee, I spotted some red in my tomato patch this afternoon.  Well, more like orangey red.  If I wasn't in such a rush, I'd leave them a couple of days, but I want to make salsa today.

Here is my harvest today in garden #2. 



You know how I like roasted green beans, so I was happy to pick 2 1/2 pounds today from my little garden.  Also, Anaheim chili peppers were there waiting for me.  So, yes, I will make salsa tonight with them!

(An hour later...)

My husband comes home and brings me this:

plums and Japanese cucumber

"Can you eat these?", he asks.  "Were they grown in some one's backyard?", I ask. "Yes", he says.  "Heck yeah, I can eat them!".  And so I did. 


Day 20

Breakfast:
Oatmeal with Soy Milk and Berries
Orange

Lunch:
Hard Boiled Egg
Orange
1/2 Avocado with Lemon Juice
Small Apple

Dinner:
Tofu
Takuan
Steamed Green Beans
Cucumber
Plums

Calories:  980
Cost: 73 cents

Weight: XXX - 4 pounds



No comments:

Post a Comment