Saturday, June 23, 2012

Day 23 - Secret Fruit to Lose Weight

Ha, ha, ha!  I bet I got your attention with the title of this post.  But there is a fruit I'm wondering about.  I'm wondering if it's helping me lose weight because ever since I starting eating them...and I've been eating a lot of them, my weight is really starting to drop off.

That fruit is...the plum.

It's definitely mostly water, because when you bite into it, it's like biting into a water balloon.  After the first bite, you have to stuff the whole thing in your mouth before it pours out all over your hands.

My husband brought them home the other day.  They were a gift from someones backyard tree.  I love them because they are sweet and filling and they aren't affecting me like prunes.  So I'll keep eating them as much as I want until they are gone, which might be by today.

For lunch, I had some bean tacos topped with pico de gallo and avocado.  On the side, I had cucumber slices with a little olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. 
 


bean tacos and cucumber slices

I want to tell you how I make these taco shells.  I put them in the toaster oven on the toast setting for a few minutes to soften them up, then I fold them over and finish toasting them.  They come out chewy soft and a little crunchy on the ends just the way I like them.  And, there's no frying oil and no mess.


Day 23

Breakfast:
Milton's Squaw Bread and Peanut Butter

Lunch:
Bean Tacos with Pico de Gallo and Avocado
Sliced Cucumbers dressed with Olive Oil and Vinegar
3 Plums

Snack:
Orangesicle

Dinner:
Chicken Soup
3 Plums

Calories:  1180
Cost:  $1.02

Weight:  XXX - 5.5 pounds

3 comments:

  1. I feel this way about watermelon. I ate 3 whole watermelons by myself in the past month and I have lost 4 pounds. I didn't do anything else, no diet or exercise so maybe you are on to something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely indulge in a lot of watermelon this summer. Thanks Lacey!

      Delete
  2. By the way, I love your blog

    ReplyDelete