Thursday, June 14, 2012

Day 14 - BINGE!

I can't believe I ate the whole thing.  I cannot show you a picture of it because it's all gone.

What was it?  Chocolate?  French fries?  A cherry pie?

No.

It was one pound of green beans.

I'm not kidding.  I just ate one pound of green beans.  In one sitting.  Do you remember the roasted green beans I made the other day?


Well, I had another good harvest of green beans so I roasted them this morning and this afternoon I munched on them until they were gone. 

That was after my friend Lisa took me to pick mulberries.  I don't know much about them except that they look like boysenberries, but grow on a tree.  They are fragile and juicy and leave purple stains.  This is what it looks like on the tree:

She tells me that these are the leaves that silk worms like to eat.  We were gleaning the tree at the tail end of the season so there wasn't much left to pick.  But I was glad to see up close and personal...a mulberry tree.


Day 14

Breakfast:
Oatmeal with soy milk and berries

Lunch:
Egg and Avocado sandwich

Snack:
Apricots (picked from a tree)
Roasted green beans

Dinner:
3 oz tofu
takuan (pickled Japanese radish)

Calories: 885
Cost: 83 cents

Weight:  XXX - 4 pounds

No comments:

Post a Comment