Monday, May 28, 2012

What do you expect?

I think what my friends expect from this experiment is different from what I expect.

So I'll jot down my expectations and compare them to the end results.

Firstly, I don't expect to be that hungry.  Yes, maybe in the first few days I'm going to miss some of the junk food, but as long as I'm eating protein and drinking a lot of water, and getting fiber from the whole foods I'm eating,  I think it'll keep my blood sugar under control, so I don't expect to get really hungry.

I don't think I'll miss coffee and tea. 

I think my energy level is going to fall especially in the first week because I'm going to be eating a lot less carbs.  My body is probably going to do a detox in the first couple of weeks and I'll feel sluggish from the poisons releasing and exiting my body.  I'm hoping near the end of the month, my energy level will pick up after it adjusts to the new diet.

I expect I'll lose some weight.  If I lose 5 pounds I will be pretty happy.

I think I'm going to be more conscious of the food I eat.  Each bite is going to taste extra good and when meal time comes I'll actually be hungry.  Right now, I eat for entertainment and at mealtimes, I'll eat even if I'm not hungry.

My garden is obviously going to be well utilized.  Vegetables are not going to be wasted and I will have to be creative in how I prepare them.  I am going to feel so thankful for them.

I expect I'll be cooking some things in advance and keeping them in portions in the fridge.  It just makes sense to cook the rice for instance, a weeks worth at a time.  I expect that cooking is going to be at a minimum for myself.  I will still be preparing regular meals for my husband too.

I don't know how much I spend on food currently, but I'm thinking I'll save around $300 over the month simply because I won't be eating out or buying prepared food.

So that's about all I can think of at the moment.

The start date is now just a few days away...

No comments:

Post a Comment