Thursday, May 31, 2012

Challenge Day Eve

I'm so excited.  It's almost like Christmas Eve or the night before you go to Disneyland for the first time.

Okay, I guess I'm weird.

My thanks goes out to some of my worried friends who think I'm crazy and am going to starve.  They treated me to my last breakfast (thanks Susan!) and last lunch and dinner (thanks Lisa!).  I had a strawberry waffle with lots of whipped cream for breakfast and Fishbonz tacos for lunch and stretched it out into dinner.  Then I topped it off with chocolate peanut butter filled pretzels.  I am most definitely not hungry at the moment.

So now that I am a stuffed pig to the max, I thought it would be a good time to weigh myself and take some body measurements.  My weight is at XXX and my measurements are XX, XX, XX.  Yeah, right.  I'm really going to post that here.  Well, maybe I will at the end of all this.  But for those who don't know me, I'm only 4' 11" and I weigh 24 pounds more than the day I got married.  I am now officially "chubby". 

Okay, so last night I put together a meal plan for the entire month and it tallies up the number of calories, protein and cost for each day. 

With the limited amount of ingredients, I came up with 10 meals, 3 for breakfast, 3 for lunch and 4 for dinner, but they are exchangable.  So if I feel like switching them around during the day or between days for that matter, it's okay.

I accounted for every egg, cup of rice and oz of chicken and calculated the cost down to 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil.  This from a girl who doesn't even bother to balance her checking account.  So you see, I had a lot of fun last night doing this.

Breakfast Meals

1. Oatmeal w/soy milk and berries (strawberries or mulberries)
      (240 calories, 8 grams protein, 27 cents)

2. Milton's Squaw bread toast and 2 T peanut butter
     (290 calories, 13 grams protein, 30 cents)

3. Banana (1/2) with peanut butter
    (240 calories, 8 grams protein, 30 cents)

Lunch Meals

4.  Tuna Avocado Sandwich
     (208 calories, 9 grams protein, 28 cents)

5.  Bean Burrito with Avocado and veggies
    (305 calories, 12.5 grams protein, 20 cents)

6.  Brown Rice with Egg and Avocado
    (338 calories, 11 grams protein, 21 cents)

Dinner Meals

7.  Brown Rice, Tofu and Vegetable Stir Fry
    (380 calories, 10 grams proteins, 41 cents)

8.  Chicken Red Bean Soup with Pasta
    (380 calories, 21 grams protein, 40 cents)

9.  Chicken Stir Fry with Pasta on Brown Rice
     (475 calories, 19 grams protein, 38 cents)

10. Red Beans and Rice with veggies
     (440 calories, 15 grams protein, 23 cents)

Super healthy right?  On top of these meals, I will have snacks that I will talk about in another post.  So do not worry, I will have enough calories for the day.

Tonight I cooked up a pot of red beans and will put half in the freezer.

Be back tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment