Saturday, May 26, 2012

Waist not...Waste not

My eating binge continues as I count down to June 1st.  The result?  No more waist.  Really, I don't have a waist anymore.  You know, the part on your body that's supposed to be smaller in the middle?  Don't have it.

Do you know what happens when you don't have a waist?  Your pants won't stay up so you are constantly pulling them up.  This is a pain.  Take my word for it. 

Now I understand why fat guys wear suspenders.

I'm really, really, really looking forward to June.  Because in my mind, I will finally be motivated to eat right.  Meanwhile, I only have a few stretchy pants I can fit into.

I will take my measurements and weight on May 31 and keep track of it through the month. 

Speaking about waist...or waste, in June I don't think one bite of food will be wasted.  As opposed to today.  After working hard in the garden, I felt like having a burger so I went to Carl's Jr to get my favorite "Steakhouse Burger".  But alas, they discontinued it, so I got their newest burger, the "Grilled Cheese Bacon Burger".  OMG.  This thing is definitely heart attack food.  I didn't like it.  It was a burger smothered with gooey cheese and mayo on grilled buttered bread.  I mean it was oozing out all over.  I ate half and THREW THE OTHER HALF AWAY.  WASTE, WASTE, WASTE.  I know there are ancestors turning in their grave watching me throw food away, but that burger was a serious health hazard.

Besides that, I throw a lot of food away when I'm cleaning out the fridge.  Right now I buy a lot of take out for dinner so I don't have to cook, so there are Styrofoam containers of leftovers that get thrown out, vegetables from the garden that I didn't utilize, and fruit that didn't get eaten.  There are condiments and dairy products that are expiring and on and on and on. 

So much waste. 

But not in June.  I don't think one bite is going to be wasted.

And then by July...I'll have my waist back...

No comments:

Post a Comment